Download for Free:
Guide to Home Care
Choosing a home care agency for your aging parent or family member is one of the most important decisions you can make for his or her long term health, happiness, and safety.
In this 4-Page Guide, you will receive:
- 10 Key Questions to Ask When Selecting a Care Agency in Ohio
- Tips For Preparing to Call a Care Agency
Once you submit the form, a copy will be emailed to the email address provided.
Fill out the form to download a copy or simply view and print the full content below:
When your senior loved one begins to experience challenges with daily routines, it’s time to make some important decisions about long-term care.
But those decisions aren’t easy. You want to be confident that the care provider you choose can assist your family member while also maintaining his or her independence and dignity.
Home care is an excellent way to provide assistance with tasks like meal preparation, transportation, medication reminders, and mobility. It’s also a good way to gain peace of mind that your loved one will receive compassionate care while continuing to enjoy the comfort of home.
It can be difficult to choose the right home care agency from among the many options available to you in Ohio. Agencies differ widely in the quality of services, pricing structure, and professionalism they offer. Will the caregiver be reliable during Ohio’s snowy winters? Will your loved one be able to call during the night if he or she needs help? Can you depend on the caregiver to treat your Mom or Dad with kindness and respect?
These are important questions, and they aren’t the only ones you should ask before you choose a home care agency. To help you make the best possible decision, we’ve put together the following list of ten questions to ask each care agency representative you speak with.
Before You Call a Care Agency:
- Make a list of the services you think your loved one will need.
- Consider how you prefer to be updated on your family member’s care plan: online, by telephone or email, or in person.
- Think about the pros and cons of choosing a home care agency as compared with an assisted living facility or skilled nursing facility.
- Check to see if you qualify for any financial assistance programs in Ohio such as Medicaid’s PASSPORT Waiver.